Learn how to cut through the sea of noise and attract more customers by mastering the power of storytelling.
About this class
Let’s face it, most startups struggle to stand out and explain clearly what they actually do.
When you know you roughly have 7 seconds to convince a potential customer to do business with you or not, it becomes clear that clarity is key if you want to stand out from the crowd.
And in the kingdom of clarity, storytelling is king.
Storytelling is still to this day the number one most effective way to sell your idea, product or service.
In this workshop, you will learn about the power of storytelling, what the #1 mistake 99% of startups make when it comes down to engaging with their customers and what you can do to stand out from the crowd in a noisy digital world.
Who is this for?
- You run your own business (or side-hustle), but struggle to explain what you do to your potential customers
- You’re creating a website, landing page or social media presence for your business and want to know what to actually say
- You’re thinking of launching a business but want to make sure you talk about it in a way that gets people excited about it
- A clear understanding why storytelling is key to growing your business
- The biggest mistake startups make when talking about their business
- How to better understand your customer's journey
- How to craft your marketing message in a more clear and compelling way
This is an entry-level class, but you come with a project or a business idea you’re ready to work on so that you can build your story as you go through the masterclass.
Bring either your laptop or a notebook to write in.
About the instructor
This course will be delivered by Mark Leruste. Here’s his bio…
Mark Leruste’s journey towards his dream career started when his video CV A Dream Job Would Be Nice went viral and helped him land a position as country manager at the Movember Foundation. There, Mark raised €2.8 million for men’s health and inspired 110,000 fundraisers to sign up, winning multiple awards along the way. Four years into the job, Mark couldn’t ignore his entrepreneurial itch anymore and took the plunge to found The Unconventionalists, a coaching and training business helping organisations and founders find their voice, amplify their message and scale their impact.
His work has appeared in many publications including the Guardian, the Wall Street Journal, Metro, Shortlist and the Sunday Telegraph. He is also the author of It’s Not You, It’s Me, a book about finding fulfilling work.
In a nutshell
- Date: Tuesday 5th December 2017
- Time: 6.30pm-9pm
- Location: Virgin StartUp, 66 Porchester road, W2 6ET London
- Ticket: £35